If any or all of these items are true about your association's website, it's probably time to consider a website redesign. The advent of tablets and increased mobile Internet usage, even sites just a few years old may need a bit of an overhaul.
Your association website needs a redesign if any or all of these are true:
- It's over 3 years old
- Your site is not mobile-friendly with device limitations across tablets and smartphones
- Your members are complaining that they can't find content
- Your site search isn't showing relevant results
- Your members have to log in more than once to access different systems
- You're not capturing website analytics data
- You are still using Dreamweaver
- Your members complain about a difficult-to-use eCommerce experience
- You'd like more engagement in your social media initiatives from your members
- Your members only visit your website to renew or register for an event
- The design of your website looks something like this
- Your site is not ranked in Google the way you'd like it to be
- Your site features Flash elements
- You're using the content management system provided by your AMS
- You'd like to decentralize the management of your website content
- You'd like to manage more than one site in a single place
- You'd like to personalize your website content.
This is surely not an exhaustive list, but don't underestimate the power of a website redesign for your organization. Remember this is not just about changing around some content and designing a better look and feel. This is a strategic endeavor to help increase new members, renewals, event registration and non-dues revenue.
Our clients have documented increased membership numbers, improved eCommerce conversions and massively improved member satisfaction from their recently redesigned websites. Check out our portfolio for some examples.
Get a leg up on the RFP process by downloading our toolkit below.