Think you've got a handle on your website?
Here are 11 questions to see just how in touch you really are with what is happening on your association's website. If you don't know the answers to these questions off the top of your head, you should probably take your website out for a latte and get to know it a little better.
1. How many web pages does your site currently have?
2. When was the last time your home page was updated?
3. If someone's searches for your acronym on Google, what will your site's ranking be?
4. Can you picture in your mind's eye what your home page looks like on a Blackberry web browser?
5. How many members log in to your site each day?
6. What is your site's most visited web page?
7. What browser is used most often by users to access your site?
8. How many page views does your home page get a month?
9. How many sites out on the Internet link back to your home page?
10. How many links on your site are broken?
11. What country do most of your site visitors come from?
I could go on, but this is a great starter list. Find the answers to these questions and think hard about what the implications are of the answers. What could you do today to improve your website? What if you provided the answers to these questions to your board each month as sort of a "State of our Site" report?
So, what are your thoughts about this? How many of these questions could you answer? Are there any other questions that are critical to ask that I missed? Feel free to comment below.